Portal Home > Knowledgebase > cPanel > Backup your site in cPanel
Backup your site in cPanel
A step by step process for backing up your site is as follows:
Open your website in a browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox, recent versions) eg: www.yourdomain.com.au/cpanel
- Click on the Backups icon Select the Download or Generate a Full Backup icon.
- Enter your email address (You will be notified via email when the backup is complete).
- Select Generate Backup. Go Back to the Home (icon top left of page) page of cPanel.
- Click on File Manager, select Home directory and click OK.
- The files will be listed, search for the back up file (it will have a naming structure similar to this: "backup-today's-date-&-time_username.tar.gz".
- Select the file and click Download icon from the top of the page.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Once the file has been downloaded to your computer, delete the file off of the server to free up the disk space on your account.
You should make it a habit to download a backup of your site monthly and whenever you're making major edits to the website.
Add to Favourites Print this Article
What is cPanel? (Views: 10757)