Backup your site in cPanel
A step by step process for backing up your site is as follows:
Open your website in a browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox, recent versions) eg: www.yourdomain.com.au/cpanel
- Click on the Backups icon Select the Download or Generate a Full Backup icon.
- Enter your email address (You will be notified via email when the backup is complete).
- Select Generate Backup. Go Back to the Home (icon top left of page) page of cPanel.
- Click on File Manager, select Home directory and click OK.
- The files will be listed, search for the back up file (it will have a naming structure similar to this: "backup-today's-date-&-time_username.tar.gz".
- Select the file and click Download icon from the top of the page.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Once the file has been downloaded to your computer, delete the file off of the server to free up the disk space on your account.
You should make it a habit to download a backup of your site monthly and whenever you're making major edits to the website.
Was this answer helpful?
Your original cPanel password was emailed to you when you first joined us in your "Welcome"...
To get access to your control panel, load the webpage www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel , enter your...
cPanel is the central Control Panel for your site, which allows you to do almost anything you...